Thursday, May 7, 2009

Convention, Zoo and Paint - Oh My!

Daddy had a very busy week last week! He was at the OK State FFA Convention from Monday to Wednesday and then flew to California until Saturday. The girls and I got to go visit him on Wednesday! They were so excited to see him!

Daddy and his girls


Travis Brorsen (former FFA member) was the keynote speaker at Convention Wednesday. He and his dog, Presley, won the "Greatest American Dog" reality show this past summer. The girls thought Presley was pretty awesome!!

Monday, We actually had several hours without rain and thank goodness the girls talked me into a trip to the zoo! We had a blast!

Daddy brought the girls home Minnie and Mickey dolls from California. They have gone everywhere with us since and Vivian and Addison gave their new friends a tour of the zoo!

Addie took me pretty literally when I said show me Mickey

Wow! That's about as close as I'd like to see them to a bear!

My monkeys with the gorilla
The gorillas made quite an impression on the girls...

There was a gorgeous cougar behind them but I think he got lost in the picture!

Lion tamers

The actual lions gave us a show too. One of them was laying down in the distance when we walked up and when the girls got down near the window it sat up and slowly moved it's paws forward. You could see it was prepared to pounce and after a bit it came running and slammed into the glass! It made us all jump!!

Hippety Hoppety

Dinosaurs??? AAAAHHHH!!!
We were sad we missed the Dino exhibit this time but can't wait to catch it soon!

As soon as we got in the car to come home from the zoo it let loose pouring rain again! We got home and decided some finger painting would be fun. I got them all set up and must have lost my mind for a minute because I walked away and when I returned this is what they looked like...


Little Picassos





No comments:

Post a Comment