Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cosmic City - VBS!

This past week was Vacation Bible School at Henderson Hills. It was an awesome week in Cosmic City! The girls and I were wiped out by the end but loved every minute!

The girls with one of the many decorated walls in the church! The whole place was transformed into outer space with planets hanging everywhere, rocket ships and even a buzz lightyear!

Vivian ready for blast off! She had a great time and has already asked me when we can go back!

Addison was hilarious all week! She bounded into class the first day. On the second we were walking in and she looked at me and said, "I think I'm going to be scared." I told her she didn't need to do that remember how much fun she had the day before. When her teacher greeted her she looked up and said "Hi Ms. Kelly, Can we hang out today??!"

VBS is actually for the kids Kindergarten and up but if you volunteer your kids can attend all the way down to babies. So this year I taught in the 2 year old room with my precious friend Katie Moore!! This is a picture of our classroom door. I don't know if I could have made it through the week without her! It was wild but such a good time!

It melted my heart watching those little ones holding their hands like a Bible, trying to say verses and singing and dancing to the praise music!

Another of Addie's funnies from the week: Her teacher asked her if she wanted to be called Addison or Addie. Her reply: "You can call me Addison Grace Laubach because that's what my Mom calls me!"

Thank you, thank you to all the volunteers who worked so hard to make this special week happen!!! You have blessed our kids more than you will ever know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment